Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sens re-sign Winchester

The Sens announced today that they've re-signed winger Jesse Winchester to a two-year contract. The Sens' press release can be read here.

Winchester only played one game last year, and may have gotten a little extra exposure on this blog thanks to the story I wrote about him for the newspaper at his former college (Colgate). GM Bryan Murray had some pretty glowing praise for Winchester, however, and I don't think he's gotten the credit that he deserves in some of the previews and off-season game plans I've seen. With the size and age he's got, I have a feeling that Winchester might be playing as high as the second-line for next season, depending on what other signings there are in the summer.

I haven't seen any numbers for the contract, but I'll post them in the left-hand ticker when I find them.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin