Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No news in Sens land

I said that I hate outdated blogs, but don't blame me - blame the Senators.

Yeah, they appointed a new coach, I probably should have said something about that, but it wouldn't have been any different than what any of the other major media outlets: "It's Paddock... okay then." The only reasonable thing to do is sit back and see what he does with the team, then have a freak-out 20 games into the season and call for his firing (It'll happen, I guarantee).

One article of note is Darren Dreger's article on how Dany Heatley it going to want insane amounts of coin (his words!) come next year's free agency. With the Senators virtually invisible in this year's UFA (and even our own RFA) market, it seems they're gearing up for some signings next year.

The recently announced Sidney Crosby deal (5 year - US$43.5 million) will probably help the Senators retain Heatley for about $8-million per season... at least, I hope. If Jesus-on-skates only gets 8, then who can Dany possibly compare himself to? Yes, I know that Crosby doesn't score 50 goals per season, but the boy is the undisputed MVP of the league for this season (and even had some votes last year).

Keep an eye on this page for the date of Ray Emery's arbitration. Wow, I am all about TSN.ca today.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin