Sunday, April 1, 2007

I'm not watching enough hockey - sorry Satan

I admit it. I haven't been holding up my end of the bargain I made with Satan. I promised that if the Prince of Darkness helped the Senators win the Cup this year then I would watch all the Senators games that were on TV this year, thus ruining my social life, making me a fat alcoholic and thus leaving me in a state of hell-on-earth.

I watched last night's game between glass dividers at downtown Ottawa's Lone Star Texas restaurant - where anything can be Texas-sized!

I'm sorry Beelzebub, I just couldn't do it. I've missed the last couple games due to... well... life, and I've been blogging postmortem, once the game has long been put into the books. So if the sens don't pull it off this year, you'll know who to blame.

On the plus side, someone else must have made a deal with the devil recently because Mike Comrie is tearing up the ice these days with 5 points in his last 2 games - I think 4 of those are goals! Mikey scored a wicked one last night putting the puck to the outside of the defender then picking it up after passing him to the inside, AND THEN putting the puck past the Islanders' nobody goaltender.

The sens' next game is Tuesday against the New Jersey, Devils and I'm sure much will be made of this game as a possible playoff preview. Then, the Senators will play the Pittsburgh Penguins - but by then we'll probably know who we're playing. Look out for a LIVE BLOG that night on this very page.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin