Friday, March 14, 2008

Things were bad, but now they're good! Forever!

Have I said this yet? I love Bryan Murray. He's like Jesus and these muppet guys rolled into one.

The one thing I noticed from this 3-0 win over the Montreal Canadiens, after missing out on watching many games over the past week, is the defensive coverage being much better. I'm not sure if the offence improved at all, but the defence had their shit together.

...the Sens are still getting most of their scoring from Dany Heatley and Jason Spezza, but it seems like the Cory Stillman/Mike Fisher/Daniel Alfredsson combination might be taking some time off their shoulders finally.

Spez and Heat played slightly over 20 minutes while Stillman/Fisher/Alfredsson played 15 each. That sounds like a #2 line to me.

Martin Gerber? Listen to me man. Don't mess this one up. You're the man. People have faith in you right now and you could be the Sens #1 goalie come playoff time AS LONG AS YOU DON'T MESS IT UP! If you go ice cold for the next three weeks I will personally find you and kick your ass*.

Too bad the Sens can't carry this momentum into a game in the next couple days, as they next play on Sunday. Three of their next 9 games are against the Habs, and the Sens have won all but one of the meetings between the two teams so far this year.

*Not an actual threat.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin