Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sens Season Summarized by Loverboy

The first 60% of the Sens 2008-09 Season can be summarized by the classic Loverboy song "Turn Me Loose." The team's stars were hampered by Craig Hartsburg's suffocating system, and the team was saying "you had to have it your way, but I'm saying no way. Turn me loose! I gotta do it my way! I wanna fly!"

Then Murray fired Craig Hartsburg and promoted Cory Clouston. All of a sudden, everybody was "Workin' for the Weekend." Sens fans came to believe that "everybody needs a second chance!" We were all proud of the renewed work ethic Clouston brought to the team. We began to think it possible, however improbable, the Sens might make the playoffs after all.

And now, after last night's elimination at the hands of the Panthers, the band started singing "I hope you're with me, I hope you're with me when it's over! It's over! It's over! It's over!"

A tragedy in three acts, set to music by Canada's kings of spandex-clad, headband-wearing, synth-guitar pop, Loverboy. Does this make either Hillary Duff or Carrie Underwood the "Queen of the Broken Hearts?"
Blog Widget by LinkWithin