Sunday, September 27, 2009

Come (blog) together, Sens Army


The Ottawa Senators season-opening game is less than a week away--October 3, at 7 p.m. to be exact. I'm pretty psyched.

Everyone's getting ready in their own way. For instance, I'm setting up a bat-signal-like device that will indicate to television-less friends that they can come over to my place and watch the game.

Of course, this blog is never far from my mind when it comes to the Sens...

I would like to set up a live-blog to collect everyone's comments during the game and kick off this season with the largest online gathering of Sens fans in recent memory.


The idea is to get as many fans and blogs on board as possible. Get everyone in the same room and share our views for the upcoming season, and freak out IN ALL CAPS when Alex Kovalev scores his first regular-season goal.

For bloggers: I'll supply the code, you put it on your site and make your readers aware that we'll be having one big party this year, rather than separate ones.

For blog-readers: Save the date, and keep in mind that Sens Army is coming together as one this year to talk about our team. You'll find the same discussion everywhere, so go to your favourite blog during the game and hunker down for a crazy-good time.

I've already got the good people at Silver Seven Sens on board (unofficially) and I'm rallying the other troops. All Sens blogs, large and small, are welcome to participate.

Send me an email benkmyers (at) gmail.com for more information, or to add your blog to a list of participants.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin