Thursday, March 22, 2007

Florida Panthers now extinct

Senators 4 - 2 Panthers

The sens got contributions from all sorts of players, first liners (Spezza and Heatley), 3rd liners (McAmmond) and pine-riders (Eaves), to defeat the Florida Panthers tonight. This means that the Ottawa Senators did not lose a game to the Panthers this year.

Ray Emery was both good and lucky - a potent combination.

With Partick Eaves getting a goal in this game and playing pretty solid overall, I wouldn't expect to see Saprykin any time soon. Why did they acquire that guy?!

Who thinks Dany Heatley will get to 50 this season? I was having my doubts earlier, but sometimes I think he can just score at will (and not just with the ladies). Heater needs 8 goals in 8 games - a reachable goal for a man who recently got something like 21 points in 16 games. In the tradition of Stephen Colbert naming segments that really don't need naming, I will call it: The Drive for Five-ty.

I'm going skiing for a few days, so I'll try to post something from La Belle Province this weekend - if not, I'm sure my fellow bloggers can hold down the fort. I'm looking at you, Scarlett Ice.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin