Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Peddie the puppetmaster

Holy shit, this is the weirdest f*cking thing I've ever seen. I always knew the Leafs had a weird board-of-shadowy-figures style of management, but this puppetmaster act is the weirdest thing yet. As Cliff Fletcher is giving his opening remark (about four and a half minutes into the video below), watch as Richard Peddie's lips move exactly in line with what Fletcher is saying. It almost looks like Peddie is speaking through Fletcher... weird as hell. It was shown on TSN That's Hockey:



So yeah... weird. Here is what Fletcher (or is it Peddie?) said;
"I'd like to thank Richard and the board for making me the custodian of the keys for a period of time, and I look forward to the challenge, and to a few tough months ahead... "
Yadda-yadda-yadda. Anyway, if you watch the video, you'll notice Peddie mouthing the words as Peddie speaks them, which is creepy as hell.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin