Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More meetings? Seriously?

I'm just going to go out on a limb and suggest that maybe we're past the point where meetings are going to solve the current problems with the Ottawa Senators. There have been team meetings, individual player meetings, general manager-convened meetings, coach-convened meetings, players-only meetings, and after their 2-1 shootout loss to the Rangers yesterday, the team had--guess what--another meeting. I don't think they're working.

I'm not really sure what is being said in these meetings anymore, anyway. "Guys, we're playing terribly. To get out of our funk, we need to follow a simple three-step process: 1. Play positionally; 2. Make the easy plays; 3. Shoot the puck." So why all the meetings?

Whatever, if it works, great. Maybe it's just me, but I think we're past the meeting stage.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin