Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pro-Line picks: Oct. 23

Once again we're faced with a week of Sens-less hockey. In order to fill the time, I guess I'll play Pro-Line, and I'll use this space to justify my picks. Feel free to debate the validity or stupidity of them! Even though you've only got to bet on 3 events, I'm going with four. Better payoff that way.

24. NYR @ PIT - V (2.10 odds) - O (1.80 odds)

I'm picking the Rangers to win this, although I think it'll be a shootout. That's why I'm also going to play Over/Under in this game, and pick it'll be over the 6.5 mark they give. It should be a close game, but I don't think the Rangers will lose a fourth in a row, nor do I think the Pens defence will be able to handle Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, and Jaromir Jagr, and Marc-Andre Fleury isn't good enough to steal the game.

26. ATL @ TOR - V+ (3.00 odds)

Atlanta has to win at some point, and what better time to start than against the Maple Leafs? If I were a betting man, which apparently I am, I would say it'll be low-scoring, but these teams have allowed more goals than you can shake a stick at, so it could be a shootout, too. But hopefully not a shootout as in after-overtime-it's-still-tied shootout, but a so-many-goals-I'm-losing-track shootout.

31. COL @ EDM - V+ (2.00 odds)

The Oilers are getting no luck. They've been losing games. They've been losing players. The one big free-agent signing, Sheldon Souray, is unjured. According to hockeybuzz.com, they've lost another defenceman. But Colorado's good, and Ryan Smyth might score a few goals to soften the blow for Oilers fans. If their team's going to lose, at least it was because their hero beat them.

I'll bet $5 on this ticket, making the payout $113.40 if everything goes right. Here's hoping.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin