1. GET THE RIGHT PLAYERSI've got another rule to add to this list...
2. GET RID OF THE ALL-STAR GOALIES
3. GIVE THE PLAYERS MORE TIME/ATTEMPTS
4. HAND OUT NUMBERED PLACARDS TO THE FANS
5. CHANGE THE NAME
6. IN ORDER TO WIN, YOU MUST SCORE
Ovechkin won the shootout without putting the puck in the net. Basically, he threw the puck in the air, spun around, and watched it hit the ice. *clap, clap, clap* If you got paid for effort rather than results, Chris Neil would be the league's highest paid player.
Instead, give the guy 60 seconds to work with. He gets rated on his best shot/move that goes in the net. And Duthie's right in his article, if that put went in, it would have been talked about for days. Instead, it's now a faded memory of what could and should have been.