Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sigh... Hawks 2, Sens 0


I didn't watch the game last night. Not only did I not have TSN2, but I wasn't at home, anyway. I heard most of the third period, but it didn't sound very good.

There's one positive: Martin Gerber has apparently played well. I think I've discovered the trick to having him play well: Make it so that he has nothing to lose. Only problem is, if you reward his good play with a starter's role, then he's all of a sudden got something to lose and he starts sucking again. Alex Auld is not in jeopardy. Unfortunately, Gerber was bested by only Cristobal Huet and beaten by Patrick Kane, so the Sens lost 2-0 (including an empty-netter).

Mike Fisher had a crapload of shots and a couple of good chances, but can't score to save his life. Neither can anyone, apparently. This is frustrating.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin