Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Daniel Alfredsson on Twitter?

I know what you're thinking: It can't be. Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson can't possibly have a Twitter account he uses to give fans his thoughts periodically, can he?

Well, probably not, but it looks like someone (I guess maybe Alfie himself) has assumed his personality on the real-time short messaging service. And it's pretty funny, too, you can get a glimpse into what Alfie thinks when he's going into games, like when he said he had "a good feeling" going into last night's game against Carolina:
"Alright, back. Sorry about the silence. It's weird, but I'm excited for tonight's game against Carolina; I have a good feeling."
--4:05 PM Jan 13th from web
Or you can find out what he thinks about after a loss ("Murraysburg", I assume, meaning some abomination fusion of Bryan Murray and Craig Hartsburg):
"I feel like crap. Fans and teammates, sorry about that giveaway last night. Murraysburg, sorry it may have cost you your jobs."
--9:45 AM Jan 9th from web
Or you can find out what he thinks about the team's current state:
"To everyone who thinks firing Murraysburg will solve our problems: It won't. I don't know how to solve them, but it goes far beyond that."
--9:49 AM Jan 8th from web

"Gah... I know fans are frustrated, but trust me, we're all just as frustrated. It's really disconcerting playing hard but losing anyway."
--4:04 PM Dec 29th, 2008 from web
Or what he does with his free time:
"Always nice to win to end a year. I'll be ringing in 2009 with some Guitar Hero: World Tour with some friends and family."
--2:58 PM Dec 31st, 2008 from web

"Listening to Abba's Christmas album, and going to bed with my "upper body injury" making me pretty uncomfortable."
--8:24 PM Dec 21st, 2008 from web
Whether or not it's actually Alfie on Twitter, it's pretty funny to read. Sort of like the Shaquille O'Neal Twitter, or the Stephen Harper Twitter.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin