Monday, October 27, 2008

Pre-game: Sens v. Sabres, 2008-10-27


That's right, folks. I'm that crazy. I actually picked the 2-5-1 Senators to defeat the 6-0-2 Sabres tonight. Crazy? Stupid? Downright homer-ish? Maybe. But I hope it happens, because I gambled a twoonie on it. (It might be stupid to gamble a twoonie, too, but I make stupid picks with the heart and against the odds, so at least I'm smart enough to bet little money.)

As for the game tonight, Craig Hartsburg has once again shuffled the lines. And will, more than likely, shuffle them during the course of the game. We're going to have to get used to putting little to no weight into the line combinations, because Hartsburg seems like he'll be changing them often. Which is good in some ways, not as good in other ways. Although they'll change quickly, the forward lines as of now are (from the Ottawa Sun):

Vermette-Spezza-Heatley
Foligno-Fisher-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Winchester-McAmmond-Donovan

I don't get why Jarkko Ruutu, who played so well on the fourth line with Dean McAmmond and Shean Donovan, has been bumped up, nor do I get why Jesse Winchester has been bumped down. But I guess we'll see what happens, because things change--and Winch might be subsidizing his even-strength time with powerplay time. Alex Auld will be in nets, and Patrick Lalime will be playing for the Sabres. Knowing the Sens' luck, Lalime will have the game of his life.

The game isn't on regular cable, exclusive to the NHL Network, but it is on the TEAM 1200. Or you could get extremely frustrated and listen to Rick Jeannerett (sp?) on Buffalo radio.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin