Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Turns out Chris Neil is funny

After listening to Chris Neil speak in post-game interviews, I never really expected he was very good at chirping. I sort of just assumed he would say something to the tune of, "You know, ummm, we just go out there and give it our all, you know, and your mom is stupid, you know." Turns out he was good enough to get under the Sabres' Adam Mair skin, drawing mair down the hallway towards the Sens dressing room. Funny comment from Neil, from the Calgary Sun (Although Bruce Garrioch wrote it):
"I heard about it," said Neil, who has a long history with Mair. "Maybe he was trying to take a 10-game suspension because he's already had two of those. He obviously doesn't like getting paid. I wish I had been here. He was mad because I was chirping at him."

Surprisingly hilarious. Between him and Jarkko Ruutu, the Sens are pretty darn pesterrific, by the sounds of things. Plus, according to the guys on Over the Edge this morning, Luke Richardson was outside the dressing room giving Mair some undisclosed advice. I haven't seen the clip yet (it was apparently on camera), but hopefully I will tonight.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin