Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Will Ruutu get suspended? UPDATE: Yes, he will

Should Jarkko Ruutu get suspended for elbowing Habs' pest Maxim Lapierre to the head? Anyone who hasn't seen the hit, here it is:



I don't know what will happen. I have a feeling that given the league's emphasis on eliminating hits to the head Ruutu might get some sort of punishment, but I haven't heard any word yet.

Further on Ruutu, should he get any trouble for mocking the Canadiens faithful last night? Some people were disgusted by his antics, Glen Kulka on the TEAM 1200 being one notable name. I think it was hilarious. Waving to the fans as they booed him off the ice; what did they expect?

UPDATE: According to TSN, Ruutu was suspended for two games without pay. No word on who the Sens will be recalling from Binghamton yet, if anyone. I hope it's Ilya Zubov, give him some ice time with Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin