Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sens beat Sabres - what else is new?

I can't blame John Paddock for sticking with this Martin Gerber kid, he sure is looking good right now.

Darth Gerber made 29 saves to defeat the Buffaslugs. The Sens also got goals from Antoine Vermette (his 9th) and Wade Redden (his 5th), Alfredsson, Fisher, and Heatley.

Jason Spezza collected two assists in the win, and has now accrued 15 points in his past 7 games - simply remarkable. He truly is the play-making centre that makes everyone around him better. Can we put these facts in an envelope and send them to Jacques Martin circa 2002?

I didn't watch too much of the game, as family gatherings take precedence, but catching the third period reminded me how much I hate Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret. His voice is like a wailing siren in the belly of a beached and diseased humpback whale, and I'm trapped in the throat, being forced to listen.

It also reminded me that Harry Neale does Sabres colour commentary, and lives in Buffalo - "Hockey Night in Canada - presented by Americans".

So the Sens are looking good at this point of the season, and I'm looking forward to kicking back and watching some World Junior Hockey Championship. In my opinion, it's the best hockey tournament on earth that doesn't end with a Stanley Cup.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin