Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wade, I want a divorce

Dearest Wade,

When we first met I thought that we might be together forever... but I was mistaken. Both of our needs have changed, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. You want a lot of money and you want to play like shit. I understand-it's only normal for a hockey player of your age. Unfortunately, this has driven a wedge between us, one that I don't think can be reconciled.

You had a great season before signing a 2-year $13-million contract before the end of the 2005-06 season. You made me choose between yourself, and my other love, Zdeno. I won't go running back to him, I can't. But if I could go back, though, I would.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but you're no longer the most important person in my life. Others have become more consistent and dependable. Chris and Anton are now #1 and #2, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't change that.

Sadly, your being near me is dragging us both down. Sucking up so much money, no one can move on. You say that you want to try to work things out, but we both know there's no going back.

I want you to leave. Now.

I've got a perfectly good deal lined up that will allow us to live perfectly happy lives apart from one another. It's the best deal for us both, and I'm beginning to resent you for holding me back.

I want the house and the kids. The car is yours.

Goodbye Wade. I wish you the best. I wish it could have worked out.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin